Hot News provided by Apple.
Apple Reports Record Fourth Quarter Results
- Apple has announced financial results for its fiscal 2015 fourth quarter ended September 26. The company posted quarterly revenue of $51.5 billion and quarterly net profit of $11.1 billion, or $1.96 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $42.1 billion and net profit of $8.5 billion, or $1.42 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 39.9 percent compared to 38 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 62 percent of the quarter’s revenue. The growth was fueled by record fourth quarter sales of iPhone, the expanded availability of Apple Watch, and all-time records for Mac sales and revenue from services. “Fiscal 2015 was Apple’s most successful year ever, with revenue growing 28 percent to nearly $234 billion. This continued success is the result of our commitment to making the best, most innovative products on earth, and it’s a testament to the tremendous execution by our teams,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “We are heading into the holidays with our strongest product lineup yet, including iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, Apple Watch with an expanded lineup of cases and bands, the new iPad Pro, and the all-new Apple TV which begins shipping this week.”
Apple Announces Record iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus Sales
- Apple has announced it has sold more than 13 million new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus models, a new record, just three days after launch. iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will be available in more than 40 additional countries beginning October 9 including Italy, Mexico, Russia, Spain, and Taiwan. The new iPhones will be available in over 130 countries by the end of the year. “Sales for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus have been phenomenal, blowing past any previous first weekend sales results in Apple’s history,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “Customers’ feedback is incredible and they are loving 3D Touch and Live Photos, and we can’t wait to bring iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus to customers in even more countries on October 9.”
Apple Introduces iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- Apple has announced iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, adding a powerful new dimension to iPhone’s revolutionary Multi-Touch interface. The new iPhones introduce 3D Touch, which enables intuitive new ways to access features and interact with content. iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus feature Retina HD displays made from the strongest glass on any smartphone and 7000 series aluminum, the same alloy used in the aerospace industry, in metallic finishes that now include rose gold. The new iPhones also introduce a transformative new approach to photography called Live Photos, bringing still images to life by capturing a moment in motion. “The only thing that has changed with iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus is everything — 3D Touch lets users interact with iPhone in entirely new and fun ways, and the innovative Live Photos brings your pictures to life,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “These are the most advanced iPhones ever, with 7000 series aluminum, ion-strengthened glass, the new 64-bit A9 chip, 12-megapixel iSight and 5-megapixel FaceTime HD cameras, faster Touch ID, LTE, and Wi-Fi. Customers are going to love them.”
iOS 9 Available as a Free Update for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Users September 16
- Apple announced that iOS 9 will be available on September 16 as a free update for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users. iOS 9 makes iOS devices more intelligent and proactive with powerful search and improved Siri features, all while protecting users’ privacy. The way you interact with iPad gets even better with iOS 9, thanks to new multitasking features that let users view and interact with two apps at once, side by side. “iOS 9 is packed with intelligence that makes every experience with iPhone and iPad even more powerful — Siri can do more than ever and new proactive assistance helps you get more done before you ask, all while protecting users’ privacy,” said Craig Federighi, Apple’s senior vice president of Software Engineering.
Apple Reports Record Third Quarter Results
- Apple has announced financial results for its fiscal 2015 third quarter ended June 27. The company posted quarterly revenue of $49.6 billion and quarterly net profit of $10.7 billion, or $1.85 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $37.4 billion and net profit of $7.7 billion, or $1.28 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 39.7 percent compared to 39.4 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 64 percent of the quarter’s revenue. The growth was fueled by record third-quarter sales of iPhone and Mac, all-time record revenue from services, and the successful launch of Apple Watch. “We had an amazing quarter, with iPhone revenue up 59 percent over last year, strong sales of Mac, all-time record revenue from services, driven by the App Store, and a great start for Apple Watch,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “The excitement for Apple Music has been incredible, and we’re looking forward to releasing iOS 9, OS X El Capitan, and watchOS 2 to customers in the fall.”
Apple Introduces iPhone SE — the Most Powerful Phone with a 4-inch Display
- Apple today introduced iPhone SE, the most powerful phone with a 4-inch display, in a compact aluminum design that has been updated with matte-chamfered edges, a color-matched stainless steel Apple logo, and four metallic finishes. iPhone SE offers the same 64-bit A9 chip offered in iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s. “iPhone SE is packed with a stunning 4-inch Retina display, advanced 64-bit A9 chip with M9 motion co-processor, longer battery life, 12-megapixel iSight camera with True Tone flash, Live Photos, 4K video, faster LTE and Wi-Fi, and Touch ID with Apple Pay. Everyone who wants a smaller phone is going to love iPhone SE,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.